You will agree with us that ten years ago, the concept of “video chat” for the majority was associated exclusively with the Skype service. It is not surprising, because it was Skype that was a “pioneer” at one time in this area, offering its users the opportunity to comfortably and freely via video. However, today, the number of alternative video chats has become huge from which one can choose the platform that suits their goals and objectives.
We invite you to consider several interesting services for video communication, which we have divided into three categories according to functionality and application possibilities. We are sure that you will be able to find something interesting for yourself without any problems!
Video chats for work matters or parties with friends
During the Covid-19 pandemic, it became clear that video communication is extremely important. This is a convenient way to maintain working relationships with colleagues, as well as communicate with friends and family.
Fortunately, such video chats are more than enough for these tasks:
- Zoom is originally a video conferencing service, but it’s also great for connecting with friends and family. Zoom has a paid plan, but the vast majority of users don’t need it at all. You can comfortably use it for free if the 40-minute limit per session suits you.
- Webex is a popular service for video meetings and video conferencing. It also has a free plan with the ability to hold video calls with up to 100 participants. At the same time, the time of one video session is limited to 40 minutes.
- Google Meet is a free video-conferencing service from Google. There are no time limits, and this is an undeniable plus. Additionally, Google Meet works directly from your browser, so you don’t need to install an additional app.
- Microsoft Teams is a real teamwork combiner that allows you to video chat, hold video conferences, share files, share your screen, and more. It is relevant for those who use other Microsoft services.
- Slack is a video meeting service with a fairly extensive set of features and a lot of integrations of third-party applications — Google Drive, Office 365, and others. Slack offers a free plan with no session time limits.
Skype should not be forgotten either. Yes, now it is far from being as popular as it used to be, due to the abundance of competitors. However, it is still used by millions of people around the world and they are absolutely satisfied with its functionality. If you are one of them and do not need additional features, you can safely continue to use Skype.
Video chats for meeting new people and having interesting communication
Communication with friends, relatives, and colleagues is great. What about those that are looking for new acquaintances? For them, Omegle random video chat can be a great option. The service connects random interlocutors via video and offers comfortable communication on any topic. In fact, it’s outdated in a way. Therefore, if you want to get more interesting features, we recommend that you consider Omegle alternatives.
- Azar is a worthy alternative to Omegle for those who primarily need gender and geographic filters from video chat. In addition, Azar has its own video streaming platform, if you like this kind of communication format.
- OmeTV is one more good alternative to Omegle with a gender and country filter. It is worth noting the presence of a built-in message translator is among its useful features, thanks to which you will be more comfortable communicating with users from other countries.
- OmegleTV is a great alternative to Omegle, the main advantage of which is an unmistakably working gender filter. Omegle TV app knows how to connect men with ladies only and is never wrong. It has a built-in message translator similar to OmeTV. Flingster is a fairly popular video chat with an emphasis on “intimate” dating. You can choose from a variety of themed chats such as; “Sex Chat”, “Nude Chat”, “Cam to Cam”, and many more. A good option for those who crave “adult communication.”
- Chat Alternative is an alternative to Omegle, which duplicates the functionality of the already mentioned OmeTV platform in almost everything. It doesn’t offer any unique features, but if you are looking for something new, you can give it a try.
However, this is only a small part of the popular random video chats worthy of your attention. You can use them, or you can find other platforms, this depends on what you like. The general principle of their work is almost identical. Only the settings, interfaces, and audience are different.
Video chats integrated into messengers
We can recommend several excellent options for users who prefer instant messengers and do not want to use third-party services.
- WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messengers in the world that offers the ability to communicate via video calls. Moreover, WhatsApp was the first to introduce this feature among various messengers.
- Viber is one of the main competitors of WhatsApp with almost the same functionality. However, it has a slightly smaller audience. Its communication tools are by and large similar.
- Telegram is a popular and functional messenger with the ability to make audio and video calls, and send video messages that the recipient can view later; very nice and useful feature.
- Facebook Messenger is the official messenger of the social network Facebook. If you are an active user of this social network, then Messenger might be a good option for you.
- LINE is a primary popular messenger in China. However, it is rapidly gaining popularity in other countries too. Therefore, we recommend paying attention to it.
We want you to keep in mind that instant messengers are not very suitable for those who are looking for new acquaintances. They are focused on communicating with people whose contacts you already have. However, nothing prevents you from meeting a person in a random video chat and then transferring your communication to any convenient messenger of your choice.
We have listed a very small part of interesting sites and applications that make it possible to communicate with other people via video calls. There are many more of them and the number will certainly increase in the future because the relevance of video communication is growing year by year. Also, given the rapid development and expansion of new-generation mobile networks, this process will intensify.
Dating and video chatting is a great opportunity to optimize your workflow, keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues, meet new people around the world, and have a good time. Give it a try if you haven’t already. We are sure you will definitely enjoy it!